Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekly wecap.



Not gonna lie. I'm really stinkin tired. I fueled my body last week with this scrumptious lunch. Nicoise schmicose. I took mama's garden green beans, shrimpies, tomatoes, nectarine and spinach to nosh at noon. I topped the salad usually with trader Joe's chipotle salsa. I'm giving TJ's a second chance, I'm forgiving like that. Bless you. Hold your applause till the end.

ID drew to a close and Internal Medicine part 2 loomed. I celebrated Friday night with this clown. Model photo shoot! I love my bro. Best company in the world. We gnomed it up. I love that restaurant, but I must say... they claim to have a wide variety of GF brews. Oh they lie. There is never anything besides redbridge. Fyi. The waiter always THINKS there is. Then he returns, tail between his legs. It's still a sweet patio. Christmas lights will win me over any day. I'm easy like that.




Saturday = America's pastime! Gluten free game day treats!!! Oh yeah. I'm swollen like a beach ball after all that Na+


Christmas at the twins! I was trying to support the team. Jon was... not sure, green brings out his eyes.

Jon's cousin Manolo was in MN with his beautiful girlfriend Silvia. We enjoyed the game together and then headed to the Green Mill. These folks were craving deep dish! Check out this recipe I made last summer, thanks to Manolo's input!


Finally, I went home to start my personal statement. Holy buckets. I start sweating bullets every time I even say that statement. I did manage to get some thoughts on paper.


Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there’s love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong. -Ella Fitzgerald.


Plus raid my mom's garden. YUM! Thanks M & D, you saved me a pre call grocery trip. MMM tomatoes MMM.
Especially because this pretty much sums up my green thumb. Even with Cati. Sorry dad, I must of dumped those genes during some early blastocyst division.

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have no green thumb either. I kill everything I get my hands on. I fantasize of someday having a garden that thrives under my care. I doubt it will ever happen.

Good luck w/ your personal statement! I assume it's for the resident application process?

I mean, really, who wouldn't want you? :)

Ok, cockiness like that probably won't help on a personal essay. But that is my personal opinion. ;)

Marlys said...

I absolutely love to read your blogs, and other family members, too! I honestly think journalism is in the blood of those who enjoy blogging! Thanks so much and keep it up! It's a great way to keep in touch, and you write things that you probably would never talk about in person!