Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Socca to me

Socca. I've been wanting to make this for some time. Mine is a work in progress. 


Equal parts water and besan, aka chickpea flour.  I added pizza type seasonings plus salt and pepper. Let this sit for a while, up to 12 hours. Mine sat for about 2. It froths a bit and smells yeasty, is that a word? Hmmm, this will be interesting. I warmed two round springform cake pans in the oven. After my "dough" soaked, I poured it into the cake pans. It's quite runny, fyi. Then baked for about 25 min at 400 degrees. It was...ok. I used it to sop up the leftover lentils.



The manfriend got his socca in the form of pizza. Sauce of blue cheese dressing, ranch and hot sauce. Shredded chicken and shredded gruyere made this a buffalo pizza,  or something. The crust was too rubbery. I think I would bake it longer next time, and flip half way through. I'll keep you posted.


Then, I got my butt kicked in scrabble during the Oscars.  Someone insisted on documenting this in picture form. Not me.

1 more day of neurology. Then onto vacation. Neuro has actually been pretty great this time around. But, I must admit, I'm excited for a life of psychiatry :)

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I read about socca after you mentioned it in a post on my blog. A co-worker of mine uses chickpea flour quite a bit in some Indian type dishes he makes. I have yet to actually experiment myself (story of my life when it comes to baking/cooking).

You've got quite the scrabble partner!!

Hooray for almost being done w/ neuro & for having a vacation! :)

Unknown said...

Interesting.
I am impressed you had two spring form pans.
Did you read gluten-free girl's blog about working with gluten free doughs? I thought it was very interesting. Food scales are her answer. Mine is waiting for me at home :(

Love the Scrabble picture. Just guessing, qi is your word!

Have a great vacation!!! Whatever happened to Scrabble on Facebook?