Thursday, December 10, 2009

Double header

A double header! Why? Because these two recipes are so brainless I can successfully post them after having my butt kicked by bio-statistics this morning. The positive predictive value that you will like this post increases if the pre-test probability that you are lazy is high. Or something.




Recipe numero uno. Super fancy tomato soup. I created this concoction while studying for my neuro final. I wanted a savory snack, and this honestly couldn't be easier. Heat up a can of TJ fireroasted tomatoes (spicier than muir glen and cheaper, choose your own adventure). Then add a dab of garlic and a glug of balsamic. Pop back in the microwave or a sec and-voila-enjoy. I love chunky tomato soup. YUM. I do not miss Campbells tomato soup at all. It tastes like vomit. enough said.





Recipe numero dos. Easy snackage. I peeled and chopped a bag o carrots into fry shaped wedges, then sprayed with oil and baked at 400 ish (my oven is possessed) for around 30 min. They browned up a bit and taste delish-especially smothered in ketchup. I am the CONDIMENT queen! Also pictured on the cutest plate ever is a fuji apple and a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Have you ever dipped your apple in this cheese? You haven't? Hop to it! Alright. Cardiology questions are calling my name, I will submit-begrudgingly.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I must go to Trader Joe's, even if your dad is afraid to park his new truck in that parking lot...

qwerkyqook said...

Is he afraid a housewife will attack his truck, wielding her bag of bulk flaxseed? There is an underground ramp you know, fancy schmancy.

Unknown said...

We looked at that underground ramp and he just wasn't ready to go there. I think he gets a little queasy around all of those Saabs.

Marlys said...

Love your quick snackers! I must try that cheese! And, I was delighted to get your invite! I logged on to your blog the other day and was disappointed I could't get in! I thought to myself, "She must not want a crotchy old lady snooping into her life!" Love you, Sweetheart, and have a super Birthday!

qwerkyqook said...

Thanks Marlys, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Paul! I "protected" my blog for interview season. I had an interviewer ask me about a high school musical I was in because he googled me. Now thats a bit personal...so in any case I had to crack down on the security. you made the cut :)