Thursday, December 10, 2009

Double header

A double header! Why? Because these two recipes are so brainless I can successfully post them after having my butt kicked by bio-statistics this morning. The positive predictive value that you will like this post increases if the pre-test probability that you are lazy is high. Or something.




Recipe numero uno. Super fancy tomato soup. I created this concoction while studying for my neuro final. I wanted a savory snack, and this honestly couldn't be easier. Heat up a can of TJ fireroasted tomatoes (spicier than muir glen and cheaper, choose your own adventure). Then add a dab of garlic and a glug of balsamic. Pop back in the microwave or a sec and-voila-enjoy. I love chunky tomato soup. YUM. I do not miss Campbells tomato soup at all. It tastes like vomit. enough said.





Recipe numero dos. Easy snackage. I peeled and chopped a bag o carrots into fry shaped wedges, then sprayed with oil and baked at 400 ish (my oven is possessed) for around 30 min. They browned up a bit and taste delish-especially smothered in ketchup. I am the CONDIMENT queen! Also pictured on the cutest plate ever is a fuji apple and a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Have you ever dipped your apple in this cheese? You haven't? Hop to it! Alright. Cardiology questions are calling my name, I will submit-begrudgingly.

5 comments:

B and B said...

I must go to Trader Joe's, even if your dad is afraid to park his new truck in that parking lot...

qwerkyqook said...

Is he afraid a housewife will attack his truck, wielding her bag of bulk flaxseed? There is an underground ramp you know, fancy schmancy.

B and B said...

We looked at that underground ramp and he just wasn't ready to go there. I think he gets a little queasy around all of those Saabs.

Marlys said...

Love your quick snackers! I must try that cheese! And, I was delighted to get your invite! I logged on to your blog the other day and was disappointed I could't get in! I thought to myself, "She must not want a crotchy old lady snooping into her life!" Love you, Sweetheart, and have a super Birthday!

qwerkyqook said...

Thanks Marlys, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Paul! I "protected" my blog for interview season. I had an interviewer ask me about a high school musical I was in because he googled me. Now thats a bit personal...so in any case I had to crack down on the security. you made the cut :)