Tuesday, December 15, 2009

10 on Tuesday!



Back from the windy city, ready for tuesday!


1) If you could change anything about your physical appearance, what would it be?
Well let's see. I think I'd add wings.

2) Is there a habit in others that you find annoying?
Being late. period. Super freaking rude.

3) What is your favorite recipe using ground beef?
gross. I haven't used ground beef....ever. However, i will submit for the sake of 10 on tuesday. My daycare mom made some fan-freaking-tastic mac and cheese hamburger casserole.

4) What was your favorite book as a kid?
A -la the Abster- Roald Dahl.  Matilda. I love this book. I checked it out from Shannon Park Elementary too many times though. I was actually banned by the check out lady from checking it out for a short while. I did however handcraft a bookmark with a fantastic drawing (by yours truly) of Matilda atop a pile of books stating-"Matilda reads, you should too". I did think of that, thanks. Oh yes. I won the 4th grade bookmark competition and that fabulous creation was printed for the entire school's bookmarking pleasure. Ahhh. to peak in 4th grade...

5) Did you work as a teenager. If so, where?
Teenager. Why yes I did. I was a marvelous secretary and impeccably honest "money counter" at Midwest Vending! Great job, complete with all the expired pop you can drink!


6) Did you work in college? If so, where?
I did. My freshman year I filed junk at the office of admissions. Then I got serious. HA! I made peptides. Then I inactivated cytochrome P450s with nicotine. I also graded signal transduction/gene expression homework. Huge nerd. whatever.

7) When you go to sleep do you need total darkness or semi? When you go to sleep do you need total quiet or is some noise okay?
I like total darkness and total quiet. When I was little I used to be kept up at night by a twitching noise. I could not for the life of me figure out what it was. I was convinced my eyelashes were the culprite, despite literally grabbing my eyelash to stabilize the sucker. Only after a nearly complete medical education to I realize it was my pulse. temporal arteries y'all.

8) When doing laundry, fabric softener or not?
Hello. Obv. who wants scratchy socks?

9) Open toed or close-toed shoes?
Right now, given the frigid temps and snow I'll opt for closed.

10) Would you rather be blind or deaf?
Whoa nelly. I do not know. Ultimately being the progeny of 2 music teacher's I think i'd rather be blind. A world without Chopin. No thanks.

11) Dangle or stud earring?
Traditionally I love diamond studs. Thanks to a diamond friendly ex boyfriend, I'm pretty set in that dept. However, when I want to feel like a glamazon, dangles are a necessity.

12) Bottled water or tap?
I always drink tap water. I do sometimes worry I will get lead poisoning. Wait a minute. No I am not a hypochondriac. I literally see chunks of metal in my glass....on occasion.

13) What do you put on your pancakes?
I like one with butter and syrup and one with butter, cinnamon and sugar. Don't stiff me. Give me two!

14) On a long trip would you drive or fly?
If I'm with my family driving is fun. Otherwise, flying! Just got off a plane 2 hours ago!

15) Do you prefer classic old movies or new?
New. Unless I'm sad or at leech lake-then give me some Judy Garland.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you had wing, getting to these interviews would be much less expensive!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yes, wings would be nice. Good idea!

That is so cool that you designed a winning bookmark!!

Your family definitely introduced us to BFG & Matilda. I think I bought BFG at The Red Balloon when we came to visit once. I need to go back to that store - I remember it being magical!!