Hola Amigos! Medicine came, with great trepidation.
I am indeed alive. I survived my first 4 weeks as an intern. It went ok. Some days I was pretty sleepy. Some days I got a little crabby. Some days I was overwhelmed. Some nights I had nightmares about the ICU. Some days George was a little lonely. Some days I got nasty bodily fluids on me. done.
Honestly, I did ok.
Phew. I got out for runs most nights. I kept my apt mess under control. I saw my friends and family. I watched the Bachelorette (on Hulu!) I took a total of one food picture that was so ridiculously bad i'm embarrassed to post it! And I can't find my connection cord, so whateves!
1. Got pulled over for the first time in my life! U turn in the parking lot at the VAspa at 9 pm, No no.
2. Found 2 purses while running, and called the police twice. Made the policeman think I might coordinate some sort of purse snatching ring using my 5 year old neighbor kids.
3. Discovered Yogurt is beyond good at holding you over those few extra hours
4. Psych lectures are incredibly fun and interesting
5. My life as a psych resident will be sweet!
I leave medicine at the VA for a psychosis Unit at the U. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm also a bit scared as I'll be the only resident managing the whole team! Yikes. I think I can I think I can....
In other news, Nick's been having a rockin good time as the Beatles 5th member! Steve's pic!
Kalyn's Kitchen Turns 12 Years Old!
1 hour ago