Friday, September 12, 2008

ECOPOLITAN = HALLELUJAH


2409 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55405.


Wow! I am so happy to have found this restaurant. I had heard about it and just hadn't had a chance to make it over there till last week. I was insanely excited to go there because, get this, I can eat EVERYTHING on the menu!!!! Everything! Do you hear the angels singing? It is a raw and vegan menu, so I thought my seldom showering, moccasin wearing brother, would be the perfect date ;)

I was post-call tuesday, so Nick and I planned to meet for supper early at around 5pm because he had practice that night. But, If you have ever tried to coordinate something with Nick, you must remember that times and plans are all relative. SO, true to form, riduculosity ensued. Nick drove to the gas station, got gas, and killed the car right at the pump. Two hours and a very angry Super America clerk later, the car was finally back in order thanks to Mom and Dad to the rescue. I'm so glad we aren't too old to get bailed out by M&D:) Thankfully, we still had enough time to make it over to Ecopolitan and enjoy an evening meal on their wooden porch.

It was warm and sunny, and as we sat looking at our menues the girls at the next table recommended the pesto-an off menu item. Nick decided to go with that, while I chose a very simple marinara. Nick's pesto was on julieened beet "noodles" and a bed of baby greens. My marinara had zucchini "noodles" topped with a sweet sun-dried tomato sauce with red onions, olives, walnuts, strawberries and fresh herbs on balsamic spinach! We also splurged and got an appetizer! Cashew "cheese" rolled in sun-dried tomatos, olives and fresh basil with balsamic onions and reduction served with flax seed crackers. HOLY YUM! Plus you can eat a big-ol-plate of "pasta" and not feel like a blimp for the rest of the night. Trust me, you skeptics out there, it still fills you up!


The Strawberry Marinara

It was so much fun, we decided to try to come back regularily, as it's so close to Nick's new apt. We have have breakfast items, tons more "pasta" options, salads, and a whole lists of pizza's to try. Oh darn, it's such a tough life! Finally a safe restaurant! And I'm back in the game!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting on so many different levels.........

picture looks great.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Sounds delicious. I'm slightly confused - it's 'raw' food, but I assume something can be considered Raw as long as it isn't cooked above a certain temperature or something like that? Looks like a place I need to check out!!

qwerkyqook said...

its raw, yeah. mostly just never been cooked, but it can also be heated to i think 116 degrees. the whole theory is to not kill any of the enzymes etc. whatever, its still yummy. your food is sort of room temp though, thats true, not sure how i'll feel about that if if every order a hot-dish/casserole meal. i'll have to let you know. you should check it out, go when its still warm and sit on the porch. let me know what you think! i have a biased view because i have...shall we say...rather limited dinning options;)

Unknown said...

restaurant in the title